1200 Miles & a Cup O' Dirt & a little Mississippi Mud!

Take the year long challenge of completing a dozen or half a dozen dirty centuries and join the fun in December! Everybody who completes this challenge will be rewarded with a custom hand-made stoneware mug as well as be in a drawing for other prizes. Read the FAQ for details, and welcome to the fun!

I've increased the fun to give some more folks a shot at the cup - a bit 'watered down' - We'll have the 1200 Mile Cup O' Dirt and a 600 Mile Cup O' Mississippi Mud and new in 2008 is the 1/2 Liter O' Dirt - earned by completing 12 metric centuries in the year! A special award will be presented to anyone completing either a dirty century or metric century in each month of the year.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

OK - We'll Let Him In!

Dang good thing I ordered an extra Cup! This dude deserves one!

Great Divide Race Results

Matthew Lee of North Carolina takes the cake - (sorry Gpickle!) - with 41 'hungas' as he calls em down south - I'd say he should have his own Cup O'Dirt!

Not only did he complete the 2480 mile Great Divide Race, but finished 2nd in a time of 15 days, 22 hours and 40 minutes! All that distance and he was a scant 22 minutes behind winner Jay Petervary! The equivilant of a SPRINT FINISH!!!!

The Great Divide Race is a solo, self-supported race from the Port of Rooseville Montana to Antelope Wells, New Mexico. You must follow the 85% dirt (mostly gravel, but a little singletrack for fun) route, restocking in towns along the way. Racers are required to phone in their locations from certain towns as they pass through. Racers are also given a 24 day limit in which to finish the cross country route through the mountains.

Matthew - It is an honor to be able to present you with a Cup O' Dirt - I'm sure I speak for all dirty Iowans - in giving you a hearty congratulations and a belated welcome to the Chase!

Speaking of that - I'll need each of your land address' - Cups don't travel well through cyber-space! email me at dmable@juno.com

Peace! Dave

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm just happy being me.

Good job Matt, I enjoy following your exploits from afar.

gpickle

the mostly reverend said...

hey, I'M happy being you, too, mr. pickle.

john said...

Hey, no, I happy I'm not either of you, but it might be easier than being me - and certainly easier than being this other dude.
John

Paul said...

I think a keg of dirt is in order for Matt Lee!

Amazing Job Matt. I watched the updates everyday and am friends with fellow GDR finisher Jon Billman.

Kevin Montgomery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Montgomery said...

Speaking of Matt Lee

http://www.tourdivide.org